Friday, September 25, 2020

Aphotica - The Arrival (2019)

 

My initial impression on this album was that I was about to listen to an album full of Amon Amarth cover tunes, but I’m glad I was wrong. To say I was pleasantly surprised as the album progressed would be an understatement. The album definitely starts off on an Amon Amrarth’ish  but rapidly progresses into so much more. Elements of both symphonic black metal and old school black metal shine through as the album winds it way through the Edda’s and Saga’s of ancient Nordic belief. There’s not a lot to dislike about this band to be honest, and the skill shown on this sophomore release is killer with some beautiful female backing vocals to compliment the black metal vocals,  and I look forward to hearing what is coming next. If you’re a fan of any of the Pagan metal bands or even just black metal I would recommend you grab your sword, slaughter a sacrifice  to Odin, grab a horn of mead, and jam the fuck out of The Arrival.

facebook.com/AphoticaBand

Review by Shawn Kline


No comments:

Post a Comment