Saturday, June 12, 2021

Mudlung - Immaculate Infection (2021)


As I listen to this cassette, my room reeks of decay and putrefaction, mangled, dismembered body parts hang in random places around the room, decorating it in a morbidly ornamental fashion. And in the middle of it all, I sit there, at my desk, with my hands writing this review. That's what listening to this cassette is like. The gorific landscape it creates is mesmerizing. Don't dismiss this band. Give it a listen. Mudlung incorporates the obvious aspects of death metal and grind. The sound is heavy, almost sounding like a sped-up doom metal band, at times. They remind me, refreshingly, of Impetigo at times. While their  sound is not as insane as the legendary Impetigo, they stay true to the brutality and heaviness of this style and don't stray away from the gore and gut-wrenching imagery of their lyrics. I can safely say that Mudlong is truly one of the new leaders in the forefront of the grind genre for now. Their style is defining and not cloned. This is a release definitely worth checking out. Also, the presentation of the cassette is fkn awesome !!

mudlung1.bandcamp.com

Review by Paul Caravasi


No comments:

Post a Comment