Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Anthropic-EP (2017)

I've been a non-stop Grind/death fan since the early 90's, defending and enjoying even their most mediocre work of bands. And while they've never really released a flat-out bad album, there certainly were several middle of the road ones towards the end of the last decade. By 2015, I'd pretty much lost hope. I was skeptical before listening to this band but being the loyal die-hard I am, I quickly plunked out for their EP and set it in the player with minimal expectations. "Blacked Out" proceeded to rip my face off. As did each successive track after it. Note for note, song for song, there wasn't a single piece of filler. Every song was concise, well-written and strongly executed. The production was razor-sharp and well-balanced with the guitars way up in the mix. When it was over after the 7 songs, I was exhausted and excited. Here was the sound I'd always known and loved and hoped to have back again. A band ferociously, righteously angry with a huge chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Nothing could be more creatively exciting, especially for a band just discovered by me. Brutal as fuck !!
www.facebook.com/Anthropicgrindcore
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment