Friday, June 16, 2017

Ruin (Usa)-Drown in Blood (2017)

Old school death metal at its finest. Loud, fast, heavy and just full of sick little riffs all over the place. This is a very sick sounding album and I love it. It's always a pleasure to hear an album that completely surpasses my expectations of it. This album is one of those that just brings a smile to my face. I prefer early death metal solely for the fact that it sounds like really brutal thrash without the bullshit. Most metal albums in general put so much emphasis on the guitars that it drowns out the bass a lot of the time so it's great to hear such a powerful bass on this one. Not to mention the fact that it makes the songs sound a lot heavier. Pretty good guitar player too, brutal solos. As for song writing, it's pretty much what a  death metal should sound like. I can't get enough of it though. These guys can write some insanely ass kicking songs, very enjoyable none the less. Some of the riffs on here remind me of stuff you'd hear in a gore flick or something. Very twisted sounding and creative. So far this is the most brutal album I've heard in 2017. I look forward to hearing more of Ruin. If it's as brutal and sick sounding as "Drown in Blood" then I'm sure I'll love it. Awesome!!
facebook.com/neroonerecords
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment