Sunday, April 24, 2016

Atala-Shaman's Path of The Serpent (2016)

Really in all honesty I just can't enjoyably listen through this whole album. I'm a big fan of doom metal, and bands such as Saint Vitus and Pentagram are truly great. And there are elements of this album I enjoy, but they're constantly overshadowed by annoyances and unacceptable aspects of the music. But it's not all bad news. Atala can still deliver some impressively heavy riffs and here and there some great and very noteworthy doom metal. Still, Vocals just aren't my cup of tea. Death metal grunts would have worked just perfectly for this album. In my opinion doom metal is capable of so much more.There is so much better, more filthy and sluggish demented doom available from this era. But if that's not what you're looking for, maybe this is.
www.atalarock.com
www.facebook.com/ataladesertrock
Review by Paul Caravasi

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not death metal scream but I can still knock your teeth out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've listened to the album, and I think that the vocals are intentionally done in a way that draws the listener in. If you look at the title of the album it's clear that the artists were going for a more spiritual inclination and less doom. The juxtaposition of deep rifts and melodies brings this album into a class of its own and shouldn't really be compared against the doom metal it isn't trying to be.

    ReplyDelete