Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cropsy Maniac-Shear Terror (2014)

These crazy bastards execute extraordinary brutal music dedicated to the horror movie freaks, Cropsy Maniac have based an entire Ep on horror, if you ask me , i can tell their lyrics are based on the 70's and 80's stuff, slasher movies rules and this is a cool tribute to them. Metal and gore ufffffff the best.The music here is something to be appreciated. It has a very thrashy sound which reminds me of "Autopsy Torment' and 'Eaten Back to Life' era 'Cannibal Corpse'. 'Crospy' even utilizes solo's which is unorthodox for grind metal. This is an instrumental paradise. The music is catchy and is what you would come to expect if you enjoy this kind of bands like I do. Though lyrical content and vocals are the norm for death/grind I find it refreshing to actually base the songs on something that we all might relate to. I enjoy the production as it is murky and dark which helps to give the music texture and a scary aura that is befitting an outfit of the likes of 80's influenced death/grind. I hope that every listener has had the enjoyment that I have had while listening to 'Shear Terror' and appreciates it for its musical attributes and dedication from its creators. The world of the underground is upon the metal world,strong and vibrant constantly releasing surprise after surprise. The Ep also features a kick ass cover of Haemorrhage. For listeners of Impetigo, Macabre and Frightmare. Thanks to Mark Impetigo for let me know about this band and Aaron Whitsell for sending me a copy. This band is fkn awesome !
www.facebook.com/cropsymaniacgrind
www.deadbeatshop.net
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment